Banner

Photobucket

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Donating to the Needy

I have A LOT of clothes that I do not wear, and that Bruce and Brooke-Lynn have grown out of and I would like to donate them to someone who needs them. I thought about Goodwill, but I do not like the idea of them selling the clothes very cheap when there are so many people out there with no money who need clothes. So I started looking on Google for places to donate and I found Sharing and Caring Hands. So I got the address and made up a huge box of clothes for them, but I still have clothes left, so i started looking on Google for homeless shelters in my city so I could just drop them off and I could find none. My city is weird, it is big enough but it seems like the people here like to pretend certain things do not exist (snobby), such as homelessness. It really is sad. Anyway, does anyone know how I can find real places where donated items go directly to those who need it? I thought of Freecycle too, but people take stuff there just because it's free, not because they need it, plus if they have internet access they obviously aren't too poor. I know there are lots of people who need these items, I just need to know how to get it to them.

1 comment:

heritage patchwork said...

Donating to the needy really is a great act of kindness and I think an act above religion.keep up the good acts.

No Stealing!