Banner

Photobucket

Saturday, October 10, 2009

One Diaper a Day Isn't Enough

There are too many babies out there whose parents cannot afford diapers. These parents often times resort to leaving their child in the same diaper all day, or sometimes even longer. Some parents have to scrape off the diaper, air dry it, and reuse it. These are disposable diapers we are talking about. Babies who cry for long periods of time because of a soiled diaper are at a higher risk of being abused. Dirty diapers raise the risk of health complications, and of course make the baby very uncomfortable.

Please consider donating diapers locally if you can. They do not have to be name brand, you can get store brand diapers very cheap and I guarantee you the baby who receives it will be grateful. If you do not have time to donate, please feel free to contact me. I will be donating diapers regularly to our local food bank here in SC, the Harvest Hope Food Bank. You can see more facts at this link.

Keep in mind that although the first thing that may come to mind is small diapers, the biggest need is for larger diapers, pull ups, children's diapers, preemie diapers, and even adult diapers. Please consider donating, or contact me, I will gladly collect money and match everything donated to buy diapers in bulk and donate them.

*Edited to add* I wanted to add, I can get a pack of diapers for $5, so for every $5 donated I will buy 2 packs of diapers. I will gladly post here every time a pack is purchased, and when I take the diapers to the donation site. If donations are substantial enough I will also buy Pull Ups, overnights, and adult diapers for the toddlers, children, and elderly in need. Please consider helping.

No comments:

No Stealing!