Banner

Photobucket

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Huggies Pure & Natural Diapers Review

Since diapers are pretty much my life due to making diaper cakes, I like to stay on top of what is new, what is best, and what Moms prefer. So of course when Huggies came out with a new diaper, Huggies Pure & Natural, I had to give it a try. My daughter it 19 months old and wears a size 5 or 6 diaper. I only saw the Pure & Natural up to a 5 so that is what I got.

First let me start off by saying I do NOT like Huggies at all. I tried them with my son (he is 5 now) and I did not like them then either. But just thought I would give the new ones a try. I liked the fact that they are made with organic cotton and that they are hypoallergenic, although my daughter doesn't necessarily have sensitive skin.

When I first opened the pack I noticed how soft the diapers are. They are soft to the touch (not quite as much so as Pampers Swaddlers though) but they are also squishy soft, almost like a cloth diaper. They are also soft colored, as they use less dyes in it then the regular Huggies. My opinion on this is that if a Mom is worried about the dyes in a diaper, she is unlikely to buy this one just because it has LESS, when she could just get cloth diapers that have NONE, so if this was a concern for Huggies they should have made the diapers white.

So I put the diaper on my daughter, it is the correct size but the fit is bad, just they way Huggies in general are shaped do not conform well to baby's bodies, the back of the waistband doesn't even touch her skin even with the diaper fastened securely. So at the first diaper change I noticed the cotton in the diaper bunched up very, very badly, which is one of the reasons I dislike Huggies. All Huggies do it, but these do it worse. Also, when I changed the diaper, my daughter's skin was very wet. I did not leave the diaper on her too long, it just does not absorb the wetness away from her skin very well at all.

That was how the daytime use went. So I tried it overnight. My daughter sleeps about 14 hours at night, but never wakes ups with an extremely wet diaper. These diapers are a very bad choice for overnight use. She woke up with her pants and bed soaked, her skin extremely wet, and her diaper area smelled foul.

The velcro fasteners on these diapers are also very weak and do not hold well at all.

So to sum it up, I do NOT recommend the Huggies Pure & Natural diapers. If you like to think you are helping your baby or the environment by buying them, please consider switching to cloth diapers. My daughter has 2 cloth diapers and just those save us a lot of money each month, and also save a lot of diapers from going into landfills.

So needless to say I will never be using these on my daughter again once this pack is gone, and I will never be making any diaper cakes with them either. I will be sticking to luvs for my daughter and Luvs for my diaper cakes as well, they are by far THE BEST diapers I have tried, and I have tried them all!

Diaper Cakes by Wendy

No comments:

No Stealing!